Monday, November 3, 2008

Adoption Blog Creation Day

Welcome to our new Tryon adoption blog. I've spent the last few hours transferring all my previous adoption-related blog posts to this one. If you want to start at the beginning, here's the first official post.

For today's update, I sent an email to Bert yesterday for a status report. I gave her mine, and I'm waiting to hear back to schedule her visit here. In the meantime, we discovered Foster Parent College, where we can take the required training courses and get a certificate for reasonable prices. I've also created a profile at Foster Care Central.* I'm excited to get started, but this week we're heading to Charlotte to see CR and Rachel and Kaylee, so when we get back hopefully we can tip the ball down at least a little of the hill.

*Yes, these all say 'Foster Care'. We're now sort-of-officially-but-not-really on the 'foster-adopt' track, and all the resources are shared freely between all of the different areas... but the majority of what I've been able to find so far have been filed under foster care. So we're going for it. I mean, like-minded parenting support is like-minded parenting support, wherever you get it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello I'd like to thank you for such a great made forum!
Was thinking this is a nice way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Sage Brand
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/transformers-party-supplies.html]transformers Party Supplies[/url].